We are looking for a Part-Time Sales Associate with a smile and passion for nature! We are hiring for our store in Athens, GA. Please read the information below and click on the link at the end for a job application. If you are interested in joining the team, email the application to [email protected] and we will be in touch in the near future.
You could be our next great employee!
The difference between Wild Birds Unlimited and other retailers goes far beyond what we sell. It's who we are. Enthusiasm, professionalism, informed advice and superior customer service are the hallmarks of our staff.
We are seeking a Part-Time Sales Associate with great retail and service skills. Working at your locally owned Wild Birds Unlimited store is an opportunity to support and educate our friendly customers about birds and nature.
Our Sales Associates work with other staff, including the owner, to bring to life the store’s mission – “We Bring People and Nature Together®…And We Do It With Excellence!” To that end, we provide training with regard to backyard bird feeding, bird watching and product knowledge.
- Previous retail experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability to lift and carry seed (20-50 lb) for our customers – a foundation of our service!
- Will consider both full-time and part-time applications that meet the needs of the business, but a flexible schedule and the ability to work weekends are required.
- Our goal is to provide quality products, service, expertise and a high energy shopping experience. Help customers bring nature into their own backyards and lives. Come join our team!
If you are interested in joining our team, please click on the link below, fill out the application and return it to [email protected]
Sales Associate Job Description
The position of Sales Associate is a part-time position that reports to the franchise owner/manager. The primary responsibility of the Sales Associate is to provide a high energy customer experience.
Selling / Customer Experience
Understands that the high energy customer experience is the #1 priority.
- Completes each OWL module as part of the High Energy Training in order to deliver the WBU high energy customer experience as the trusted local expert.
- Uses successful selling skills to satisfy the customer and complete the sale.
- Has read, understood and follows the Employee Handbook, including the WBU Ten Touch Points training.
- Follows the best practices of the Person in Charge of the Customer experience.
- Wears the logo name badge and logo apparel while working.
- Has read and understood the Product Information Handbook and has successfully completed the Certified BirdfeedingSpecialist Program.
Understands and communicates the store’s merchandise and target product to the customer.
Complete the changing of displays, signing and restocking of merchandise as directed by management.
- Demonstrates a positive, enthusiastic, and professional demeanor.
- Attends store meetings as required.
- Completes any other duties as assigned.\
- Adheres to all store policies and procedures regarding the ringing of all transactions, any administrative duties, and scheduling.
- Completes accurate and legible paperwork.
- Adheres to all store policies and procedures regarding personal and store security
- Communicates security concerns to management.
- Maintains good housekeeping standards to help present a clean and well-presented store.
- Helps keep store front, store and backroom clean and organized.
Some Things To Consider…
- Are you an enthusiastic backyard birder and can easily identify our local backyard birds? (this is not a requirement, however, a love and passion for nature is!)
- Are you very familiar with computers and can easily be trained on the register?
- Do you have some retail experience and would you enjoy one-on-one interactions with customers?
- Are you able to assist with unloading and weekly seed deliveries consisting of numerous 20 pounds bags and possibly a few 50 pound bags?
- Are you able to carry two 20lb bags of seed to a customer’s car throughout your shift?
- Are you able to bag seed containing peanuts, seeds, and other various nuts, package live mealworms, restock, receive, and unpack deliveries?
- Are you able to perform routine cleaning responsibilities in the front, back, and bathroom?
- Are you able to climb ladders safely?
- Do you have the flexibility to work weekdays, weekends, AND some holidays?
- Do you have experience opening/closing a retail store?