The difference between Wild Birds Unlimited and other retailers goes far beyond what we sell. It's who we are. Enthusiasm, professionalism, informed advice, and superior customer service are the hallmarks of our staff.
We are seeking an Assistant Store Manager with retail experience and fantastic service skills. Working at your locally owned Wild Birds Unlimited store is an opportunity to support and educate our friendly customers about birds and nature.
Our Assistant Manager will work with the other staff, the manager, and the owner to bring to life the store’s mission – “We Bring People and Nature Together®…And We Do It With Excellence!” To that end, we provide training regarding backyard bird feeding, bird watching, and product knowledge.
Job Requirements for Assistant Store Manager:
- Energetic and enthusiastic attitude
- Enjoys working with customers.
- College education or equivalent experience and minimum 4 years previous retail experience.
- Ability to lift and carry 20-50lbs. We carry seed for our customers – a foundation of our service! Lifting is more than an occasional requirement as we are constantly receiving shipments of seed and other products that must be moved and labeled to sell.
- Ideal candidate is able work 32-36 hours per week or more and work 4-5 days per week. Generally one weekend off a month. The ability to work weekends is required.
- Organized and process driven. Ability to create, teach, and implement processes to ensure store runs well and creates an inviting and happy environment.
- Intermediate level skills in Microsoft Office applications: Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
- Ability to work with peanuts, a key ingredient in bird food.
Full Job Description-Assistant Manager Role-Click to download!
Please print out and fill out the application from the following link and send it to [email protected] or drop it by the store. Only candidates with a completed application will be considered.
Wild Birds Unlimited - Job Application-Click to download!